Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA), Sequencing Grade
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA), Sequencing grade is manufactured and tested to meet strict specifications that ensure superior performance for use as an ion-pairing agent in reverse-phase peptide separations.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 28904
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 76-05-1 Weight : 1.81440kg Transport : UN number : 2699 Chem class : 8 Pack group : I
- High purity and exceptional clarity - allows sensitive, nondestructive peptide detection at low UV wavelengths in reverse-phase HPLC protein and peptide separation systems
- High-performance packaging - TFA packaged under nitrogen in amber glass ampules or bottles with protective PTFE-lined fluorocarbon caps to ensure TFA integrity
- Economical convenience - Choose the TFA format that works best for your application. In just a few seconds, 1 ml ampules can be used to prepare 1 liter of fresh 0.1% v/v trifluoroacetic acid solution for the mobile phase in reverse-phase chromatography
- Applications of Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA), Sequencing grade:
- Ion pair reagent for reverse-phase HPLC
- Protein/peptide sequencing
- Protein/peptide solubilizing agent
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis
- Amino acid analysis
- Making 0.1% solutions of trifluoroacetic acid (w/v vs. v/v)
- Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is the most commonly used ion pairing agent for use in reverse-phase HPLC peptide separations because it sharpens peaks and improves resolution, is volatile and easily removed, has low absorption within detection wavelengths. It is manufactured to the highest specifications to ensure the integrity of your data, maximize sensitivity in your assay and to prolong the life of your equipment.
|Store in original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated area, between the following temperatures: 20°C to 25°C.|
|10 x 1 mL|
|Ion Paring Reagent|
Safety and Handling
- Trifluoroacetic Acid
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- H331-Toxic if inhaled.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Trifluoroacetic acid