Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Trifluoracetic Acid (TFA)
Bottles of 99.5%-pure TFA (MW 114.02, CAS 76-05-01) liquid (sold by weight); for HPLC use as an ion-pairing agent in reverse-phase peptide separations.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ TS-28904
Code : A0
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg Transport : UN number : 2699 Chem class : 1a Pack group : I
For complex peptide separations, the key to success can be to vary selectivity. Varying mobile phase composition on the same column can change selectivity enough to resolve peptide that would otherwise overlap. The TFA concentration is usually specified as 0.1% for reverse-phase HPLC of peptides. For reproducible separations from run-to-run or from lab-to-lab, it is essential to make concentrations the same.
- Purity: >99.5% TFA and exceptional clarity allows sensitive, nondestructive peptide detection at low UV wavelengths
- High-performance packaging: Packaged under nitrogen in amber glass with protective TFE-lined fluorocarbon caps to ensure TFA integrity
- Choice of formats for convenience: 1mL ampules can prepare 1L of 0.1% v/v TFA solution for the mobile phase in reverse-phase chromatography in moments
X in the ordering table indicates that hazardous shipping charges apply.
|10 x 1mL|
|98 to 100%|
|Pierce Trifluoracetic Acid (TFA)|
|Clear, colorless liquid of TFA (at least 99.5% pure; zero aldehyde; low water; low absorbance)|
Safety and Handling
- Trifluoroacetic Acid
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P331-Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P315-Get immediate medical advice/attention.
- P305-IF IN EYES:.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .