Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ TCEP·HCl
Reduce protein and peptide disulfide bonds using this thiol-free, pure, crystalline tris (2-carboxyethyl) phosphine hydrochloride, TCEP (CAS 5961-85-3).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 20490
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 51805-45-9 Weight : 1.81440kg Transport : UN number : 3261 Chem class : 1a Pack group : II
- Reduces even the most stable water-soluble alkyl disulfides
- Effective at room temperature and pH 5 in less than five minutes
- Does not require removal before reaction with maleimide or haloacetyl compounds
- Water solubility of 310g/L
- Resistant to air oxidation; nonvolatile and nonreactive toward other functional groups in proteins
|Crystalline powder of Tris(2-carboxyethyl)phosphine hydrochloride|
|Preparing nearly 70mL of 50mM solution|
Safety and Handling
- TCEP HCl, Tris(2-Carboxyethyl) Phosphine Hydrochloride
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/A§.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Tris(2-carboxyethyl)phosphonium chloride