Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Protein A/G UltraLink™ Resin
Extremely durable polyacrylamide support with immobilized recombinant Protein A/G for various IgG purification methods.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 53133
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 702-23-8 Weight : 0.80000kg
DescriptionThe Protein A/G UltraLink Resin is used to bind and purify IgG in gravity-flow, spin-column or medium-pressure chromatography methods. Protein A/G is a recombinant fusion protein consisting of the antibody-binding domains of Protein A and Protein G, enabling antibody purification from serum samples of a variety of species.
UltraLink Resin is an azlactone-activated polyacrylamide support that is hydrophilic, charge-free, high capacity, highly crosslinked, rigid and porous. This support is especially useful for medium pressure techniques when using large sample volumes requiring fast-flow techniques (FPLC) and large-scale applications. Unlike typical beaded agarose supports, UltraLink Support does not crush or collapse when subjected to high flow rates that result in pressures exceeding 25psi.
Immobilized Protein A/G – specifically binds IgG from several mammalian species, especially most subtypes of human and rabbit IgG
Standard capacity – loading of immobilized Protein A/G provides a binding capacity of approx. 20mg human IgG per milliliter of resin
UltraLink Resin – acrylamide-based support provides an alternative to crosslinked beaded agarose supports for medium pressure applications
Properties of Thermo Scientific UltraLink Resin:
- Support pH Stability: 1 to 13
- Average Particle Size: 50 to 80 microns
- Exclusion Limit: greater than 2,000,000 daltons
- Average Surface Area: greater than 250m2 per gram of beads
- Average Pore Volume: greater than 1.2mL per gram of beads (> 60% of bead volume)
- Pore Size: 500 to 1000 angstroms (50 to 100nm)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 3000cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: 100psi (6.9 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
|Pierce Protein A/G UltraLink Resin|
|Protein A/G on UltraLink Resin, slurried in water with sodium azide|
|Binding 20mg human IgG/mL resin|