Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Factor Xa
Protease (serine endopeptidase for prothrombin); cleaves arginine in the sequence Ile-Glu-Gly-Arg; useful for His-tagged fusion protein engineering.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 32521
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.80000kg
Cleaves after the arginine residue in its preferred cleavage site Ile-(Glu or Asp)-Gly-Arg and will occasionally cleave at other basic residues. However, it will not cleave at a site followed by proline or arginine. Often used to remove fusion tags, such as the common histidine tag, from expressed proteins.
- Extremely specific proteolytic activity - useful in the genetic engineering of proteins
- Cleaves after the last amino acid in the sequence Ile-Glu-Gly-Arg
- Activity is >130U/mg using a synthetic Ile-Glu-Gly-Arg peptide with p-nitroanilide derivatized arginine as the substrate; each unit of enzyme cleaves 1mol/minute of substrate at 37°C in 5mM MES, 0.5M NaCl, 1mM benzamidine at pH 6 with 1% BSA
- Source: Bovine Plasma
- Activity: 125units/mg
- Supplied: ≥5mM MES, pH 6, 0.5M NaCl
- Protein Concentration: 1-2mg/mL
Supplied as frozen liquid.
|Pierce Factor Xa|
|At least 250 units of activity/mg|
|At least 1mg/mL enzyme in MES-buffered saline pH 6 with 1mM benzamidine|