Thermo Scientific™ MagnaBind™ Magnetic Beads and Magnets
Enable benchtop magnetic affinity purification with these ligand-coated (streptavidin, Protein A and G, GAM IgG, GAR IgG) magnetic particles and magnet separators.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 21358
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.10000kg
DescriptionMagnaBind Magnetic Beads enable small-scale affinity purification and cell-separation without columns or centrifugation. The beads are silanized iron oxide magnetic particles activated with various affinity ligands. After a binding step in an affinity purification procedure, the magnetic particles are easily and rapidly collected by placing the microcentrifuge tube or reaction vessel next to an appropriate rare-earth magnet. MagnaBind Beads respond rapidly to MagnaBind Magnets. The particles can be easily dispersed and regathered multiple times (i.e., they will not irreversibly aggregate) because they do not have any magnetic memory.
MagnaBind Beads are available pre-coated with Protein A, Protein G, streptavidin, anti-mouse or anti-rabbit antibodies. Also available are beads activated with either amine or carboxyl groups as targets for customized covalent immobilization other proteins or ligands.
- Available pre-coated with popular affinity ligands or derivatized for covalent attachment of proteins and other specific ligands
- Beads do not irreversibly aggregate because they have no magnetic memory; collect and disperse the beads multiple times if needed
- Most separations require a short five- to 10-minute benchtop procedure
Properties of underivatized MagnaBind Beads:
- Composition: silanized iron oxide
- Magnetization: 25 to 35 EMU/g
- Type of Magnetization: superparamagnetic (no magnetic memory)
- Surface Area: greater than 100m2/g
- Bead Size: 1 to 4μm diameter
- Settling Rate: 4% in 30 minutes
- Effective Density: 2.5g/mL
- Number of Beads: 1 x 108 beads per milliliter
- pH Stability: aqueous solution, above pH 4.0
- Concentration: 5mg/mL
To remove MagnaBind Beads from suspension, an external magnetic field is used; see the ordering table for a selection of magnets.
Cell sorting using either positive or negative selection; Protein purification or immunoassays using either direct or indirect methods; Immunoprecipiation
|MagnaBind Magnet for 96-Well Plate|
|Plastic holder containing strong, rare-earth magnet|
|Collecting magnetic particles in wells of standard 96-well microplates|