Invitrogen™ TA Cloning™ Kit, with pCR™2.1 Vector and One Shot™ TOP10 Chemically Competent E. coli
Brand: Invitrogen™ K204040
UNSPSC : 41106610
Code : 50
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00500kg
The TA Cloning™ Kit uses the pCR™2.1 cloning vector and ExpressLink™ T4 DNA Ligase to generate a ligation product in a fifteen-minute, room-temperature ligation step. Reactions typically yield >80% recombinants containing inserts.
- Fast & Convenient—15-minute, room-temperature ligation
- Efficient—Blue/white screening and >80% clones with correct insert
- Flexible—Choice of kanamycin or ampicillin resistance for flexible antibiotic selection
- Hassle-free—Eliminates any enzymatic modifications of the PCR product
- Streamlined—Does not require the use of PCR primers that contain restriction sites
The pCR™2.1 vector provides:
- 3′-T overhangs for direct ligation of Taq-amplified PCR products
- T7 promoter for in vitro RNA transcription and sequencing
- Versatile polylinker with flanking EcoR I sites for easy excision of inserts
- M13 forward and reverse primer sites for sequencing
How TA Cloning™ Works
Taq polymerase has a non-template-dependent activity that adds a single deoxyadenosine (A) to the 3′ ends of PCR products. The linearized vector supplied in this kit has single 3′ deoxythymidine (T) residues. This allows PCR inserts to ligate efficiently with the vector.
Other Kit Configurations
TA Cloning™ Kits are also offered without competent cells (K2020-20, K2020-40), with One Shot™ INVF Chemically Competent E. coli (K2000-01, K2000-40) or with One Shot™ TOP10F Chemically Competent E. coli (K2030-01, K2030-40).
|One Shot™ TOP10 chemically competent E. coli|
|Store One Shot E. coli at -80°C. Store all other components at -20°C. All reagents are guaranteed stable for 6 months when properly stored.|
|Linearized pCR2.1 vector, ExpressLink T4 DNA ligase, 5X ExpressLink T4 DNA ligation buffer, dNTPs, 10X PCR buffer, sterile water, controls, One Shot TOP10 chemically competent E. coli, S.O.C. medium, and a supercoiled control plasmid.|
|TA Cloning Vectors|