Thermo Scientific™ GelCode™ Blue Stain Reagent
Achieve nanogram-level detection and results that exceed those of typical coomassie stains, all without a destaining step.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 24592
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 2.49480kg Transport : UN number : 3264 Chem class : 8 Pack group : II
DescriptionThermo Scientific GelCode Blue Stain Reagent is a ready-to-use protein stain based on colloidal coomassie dye G-250 that provides nanogram-level detection and excellent clarity for polyacrylamide gels.
Features of GelCode Blue Stain Reagent:
• No methanol-acetic acid destaining required—saves time, reduces reagent costs and minimizes solvent disposal
• Fast, one-step, one-hour staining—ready-to-use stain reagent; band development is visible directly in the staining tray; no background from overnight staining; flexible fixing and washing protocol; no gel shrinkage; stained gel can be dried
• More sensitive than standard coomassie gel stains—some protein bands visible to 8ng; wide linear range for densitometric analysis (ref 1); allows gel staining after Western transfer; compatible with MALDI-TOF analysis and sequence analysis
• Water wash increases staining sensitivity—optional step provides crystal-clear gel background and makes weakly stained bands more visible
GelCode Blue Stain Reagent uses the colloidal properties of coomassie G-250 dye for polyacrylamide gel protein staining. This unique reagent stains only protein and, unlike traditional coomassie stains based on the R-250 form of the dye, allows bands to be viewed directly on the gel during the staining process. After staining, an optional water-wash step further enhances staining sensitivity and yields a clear background. With GelCode Blue Stain there is no need for multistep destaining procedures typically associated with other gel staining systems.
This unique GelCode Blue Stain Reagent stains only protein and allows bands to be viewed directly in the gel during the 1 hour gel staining process. After staining, a water equilibration step (Water Wash Enhancement) further enhances staining sensitivity and yields a clear gel background. Because the destaining step does not fix the protein, GelCode Blue Stain is compatible with mass spectrometry analysis and N-terminal sequence analysis.
GelCode Blue Stain Reagent contains additives that help to slow down the formation of dye-dye and dye-protein aggregates, which form in all coomassie dye-based protein staining reagents. Nevertheless, if left undisturbed, the reagent will form visible dye-dye aggregates that settle in the bottom of the bottle. Gently inverting or tipping-and-swirling the bottle several times completely disperses these aggregates. Therefore, it is good practice to mix the stain reagent before pouring or dispensing to ensure that a homogeneous sample of the reagent is used.
Pump (for 3.5 L bottles of GelCode™ Blue Stain Reagent)
|GelCode Blue Stain Reagent|
|Proprietary acidic solution of coomassie blue G-250 dye|
|140 to 175 mini gels (SDS-PAGE)|
Safety and Handling
- Gelcode Blue Stain Reagent, 3.5 L
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 2
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H371-May cause damage to organs.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Phosphoric acid, Methyl alcohol