Thermo Scientific™ GelCode™ Blue Stain Reagent
Achieve nanogram-level detection and results that exceed those of typical coomassie stains, all without a destaining step.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 24592
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 2.49480kg Transport : UN number : 3264 Chem class : 1a Pack group : II
DescriptionGelCode Blue Stain Reagent uses the colloidal properties of coomassie G-250 dye for polyacrylamide gel protein staining. This unique reagent stains only protein and, unlike traditional coomassie stains based on the R-250 form of the dye, allows bands to be viewed directly on the gel during the staining process. After staining, an optional water-wash step further enhances staining sensitivity and yields a clear background. With GelCode Blue Stain there is no need for multistep destaining procedures typically associated with other gel staining systems.
No methanol-acetic acid destaining required – saves time, reduces reagent costs and minimizes solvent disposal
Fast, one-step, one-hour staining – ready-to-use stain reagent; band development is visible directly in the staining tray; no background from overnight staining; flexible fixing and washing protocol; no gel shrinkage; stained gel can be dried
More sensitive than standard Coomassie gel stains – some protein bands visible to 8ng; wide linear range for densitometric analysis; allows gel staining after Western transfer; compatible with MALDI-TOF analysis and sequence analysis
Water wash increases staining sensitivity – optional step provides crystal-clear gel background and makes weakly stained bands more visible
|GelCode Blue Stain Reagent|
|Proprietary acidic solution of coomassie blue G-250 dye|
|140 to 175 mini gels (SDS-PAGE)|
Safety and Handling
- Gelcode Blue Stain Reagent, 3.5 L
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 2
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H371-May cause damage to organs.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Phosphoric acid, Methyl alcohol