GE Healthcare illustra™ Tissue and Cells genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit
Designed for the rapid extraction and purification of high molecular weight genomic DNA (gDNA) from a variety of animal tissues and mammalian cell cultures
Brand: GE Healthcare 28-9042-75
Code : GE
Additional Details : Weight : 0.48150kg
To minimize the incidence of DNA shearing during extraction, the illustra tissue and cells genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit includes a lysis solution with proteinase K to gently release genomic DNA from tissues or cells. The kit can be used to extract DNA from diverse tissue types such as liver, kidney, and mouse tails with yields ranging from 0.5 to 1.5μg of genomic DNA per mg of tissue. The kit consistently generates purified genomic DNA with optical density A260/280 readings of about 1.8.
- Capable of purifying up to 1.5μg/mg of tissue from an input tissue sample range of 5 to 50mg, and up to 40μg of genomic DNA per 5 million cells depending on cell type
- Total DNA extraction time reduced significantly to 90 minutes (including tissue disruption)
- Produces high-quality genomic DNA with high molecular weight and less degradation
- Validated in several downstream applications including real-time PCR, endpoint PCR, multiplex PCR, and restriction enzyme digests
|Rapid extraction and purification of high-quality genomic DNA from a variety of animal tissues and mammalian cell cultures|
|Spin columns prepacked with a novel Silica membrane, Lyophilized Proteinase K powder, Lysis solution, wash and Elution Buffers, microcentrifuge collection tubes, a full protocol booklet and a detachable, quick reference protocol card|
Safety and Handling
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P342+P311-If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/ .
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .