GE Healthcare illustra™ plasmidPrep Mini Spin Kit
For the rapid isolation of high and low copy number plasmid DNA
Brand: GE Healthcare 28-9042-69
UNSPSC : 41106600
Code : GE
Additional Details : Weight : 0.36700kg Transport : UN number : 2790 Chem class : 1a Pack group : III
The illustra plasmidPrep Mini Spin Kit uses a simple plasmid DNA purification protocol involving a modified alkaline lysis procedure and a novel silica-based membrane to achieve highly efficient plasmid DNA purification. Instead of organic solvents, the kit contains chaotropic salts to denature protein components and promote selective binding of DNA to the novel silica membrane.
- Total preparation time of less than 10 minutes—representing a 50% reduction in protocol time
- Produces high-quality plasmid DNA with excellent reproducibility for use in cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, PCR amplification, and DNA sequencing
- Increased ease of use provided minimal changes in pipetting volume from one part of the protocol to the next, less centrifugation steps, color-coded kit components, and lack of organic solvents
- The typical plasmid yields from a fresh 1.5 ml culture of E.coli containing a high copy number plasmid is approximately 9 μg
- Can accommodate high and low copy number plasmid purification
|Rapid isolation of high and low copy number plasmid DNA|
|Spin columns prepacked with a novel Silica membrane, Suspension, Lysis and Neutralization Buffers containing chaotropic salts, Wash and Elution Buffers, microcentrifuge collection tubes, full protocol booklet, Detachable, quick reference protocol card|
Safety and Handling
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P270-Do no eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ if you feel unwell.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .