GE Healthcare illustra™ bacteria genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit
Designed for the rapid extraction and purification of high molecular weight genomic DNA (gDNA) from Gram-negative (G-) and Gram-positive (G+) bacteria
Brand: GE Healthcare 28-9042-58
Code : GE
Additional Details : Weight : 0.47930kg
The illustra Bacteria genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit can be used with a wide range of bacterial strains such as DH5a, TOP10, JM109, Bacillus subtilis etc. The kit produces highly pure and intact genomic DNA with OD260/280 values of 1.75-1.85. Use different elution volumes to isolate genomic DNA at concentrations suitable for most downstream applications including restriction enzyme digestion, RT-PCR, and long PCR.
The method uses a lysis solution in combination with proteinase K to gently release genomic DNA into solution from bacteria cells. The DNA is deproteinated in the extraction solution and the genomic DNA is then bound onto a silica column in the presence of chaotropic solution. Contaminants are removed during wash steps and the purifed DNA is eluted with prewarmed TE solution.
- Total DNA extraction time under one hour with reduced lysis time
- Can be used to purify 4 to 8μg of genomic DNA from 2 × 109 bacteria cells with input amounts ranging from 1 × 109 to 4 × 109 bacteria cells
- Spin columns prepacked with a silica membrane—provide excellent reproducibility and consistency
- Validated in several downstream applications including RT PCR, long PCR, and restriction digest
- Color-coded caps for ease of use
|Rapid extraction and purification of high-quality genomic DNA from gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria|
|2 x 30mg Proteinase K, 15mL Lysis Buffer type 2, 2 x 1.5mL Lysis Buffer type 3, 2 x 165mL Lysis Buffer type 4, 30mL Wash Buffer type 6, 60mL Elution Buffer type 5, 5 x 50 Illustra™ bacteria mini columns, 5 x 50 collection tubes|
Safety and Handling
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P342+P311-If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/ .
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .