Thermo Scientific™ Van91I (PflMI)
Cut at CCANNNN^NTGG sites with Van91I (PflMI) restriction enzyme, which performs best at 37°C in R buffer (Isoschizomers: AccB7I, BasI, PflMI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0711
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
5'..C C A NN N N^N T G G...3'
3'..G G T N^N N NN A C C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer R: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl and 0.1mg/ml BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- Van91I is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/ml BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with Van91I, more than 90% of DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps – no effect
- Dcm: may overlap – blocked
- CpG: never overlaps – no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps – no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps – no effect&
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5 units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
Van91I is blocked by overlappingdcm methylation. To avoiddcm methylation, use adam,dcm- strain such as GM2163 (#M0099).