Thermo Scientific™ ScaI
The ScaI restriction enzyme recognizes AGT^ACT sites and cuts best at 37°C in its own unique buffer (Isoschizomers: AssI, BmcAI, ZrmI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0432
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
Description5'...A G T▵A C T...3'
3'...T C A▵T G A...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer ScaI:10mM Bis-Tris Propane-HCl (pH6.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- ScaI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.5 at 25°C), 50mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.5mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with ScaI, more than 80% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and more than 90% of these can be recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap — blocked
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 20units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
Conditions of low salt, high enzyme concentration, glycerol concentration > 5% or pH> 8.0 may result in star activity. Supercoiled plasmids may require up to 20-fold more ScaI for complete digestion than linear DNA.