Thermo Scientific™ SatI (Fnu4HI)
The SatI (Fnu4HI) restriction enzyme recognizes GC^NGC sites and cuts best at 37°C in G buffer (Isoschizomers: Fnu4HI, Fsp4HI, ItaI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1641
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
Description5'...G C▵N G C...3'
3'...C G N▵C G...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer G:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- SatI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with SatI, more than 60% of the DNA fragments can be ligated in a reaction mixture containing 10-30U of T4 DNA Ligase/1μg of fragments and 10% PEG
- More than 90% of these can be recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: may overlap — blocked
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps — no effect
- GC^SGC — BcnI, Bme1390I
- GC^WGC — MvaI, Bme1390I
At least two copies of SatI (Fnu4HI) recognition site are required for efficient cleavage.