Thermo Scientific™ PvuII
The PvuII restriction enzyme recognizes CAG^CTG sites and cuts best at 37°C in G buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0635
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'...C A G▵C T G...3'
3'...G T C▵G A C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer G:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- PvuII is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 10-fold overdigestion with PvuII, more than 90% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and more than 95% of these can be recut
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
Greater than 15-fold overdigestion with PvuII may result in star activity.