Thermo Scientific™ PdiI (NaeI)
The PdiI (NaeI) restriction enzyme recognizes GCC^GGC sites and cuts best at 37°C in Tango buffer (Isoschizomers: MroNI, NaeI, NgoMIV).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1521
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'...G C C▵G G C...3'
3'...C G G▵C C G...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer Tango: 33mM Tris-acetate (pH 7.9 at 37°C), 10mM Mg-acetate, 66mM K-acetate and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- PdiI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 500mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA, 0.15% Triton X-100 and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with PdiI, more than 90% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: completely overlaps —blocked
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 20units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded pBR322 DNA in 16hours
Certain sites in pBR322 are difficult to cleave with PdiI, the same as with its prototype NaeI
Assayed using pBR322 DNA (#SD0041)