Thermo Scientific™ PacI
The PacI restriction enzyme recognizes TTAAT^TAA sites and cuts best at 37°C in its own unique buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER2202
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00930kg
5'...T A A T▵T A A...3'
3'...A T▵T A A T T...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer PacI: 10mM Bis-Tris Propane-HCl (pH 6.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- PacI is supplied in: 10mM potassium phosphate (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 200mM NaCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/ml BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with PacI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and more than 95% of these can be recut
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoKI: may overlap —effect not determined
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded pJET1 DNA with inserted PacI recognition sequence in 16 hours
- BstKTI, SfaNI (AsiSI), PvuI
This product or portions thereof is manufactured and sold under license under US. Patent Nos. 5,874,259 and 6,472,177 and other foreign patents.