Thermo Scientific™ MnlI
The MnlI restriction enzyme recognizes CCTC(7/6)^ sites and cuts best at 37°C in G buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1071
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
5'...C C T C (N)7▵...3'
3'...G G A G (N)6▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer G: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- MnlI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —blocked
MnlI produces DNA fragments that have a single-base 3 extension which are more difficult to ligate than blunt-ended fragments. MnlI may remain associated with the cleaved DNA. This may cause DNA band shifting during electrophoresis. To avoid atypical DNA band patterns, use the 6X DNA Loading Dye & SDS Solution for sample preparation or heat the digested DNA in the presence of SDS prior to electrophoresis.