Thermo Scientific™ MlsI (MscI)
The MlsI (MscI) restriction enzyme recognizes TGG^CCA sites and cuts best at 37°C in R buffer (Isoschizomers: BalI, MluNI, MscI, Msp20I).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1211
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
5'..T G G▵C C A...3'
3'..A C C▵G G T...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer R: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- MlsI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: may overlap —blocked
- CpG: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 20U of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
Assayed using lambda DNA (dcm-) (#SD0021). MlsI is blocked by overlappingdcm methylation. To avoiddcm methylation, use adam-, dcm strain such as GM2163 (#M0099).