Thermo Scientific™ MboI
The MboI restriction enzyme recognizes ^GATC sites and cuts best at 37°C in R buffer (Isoschizomers: BfuCI, BssMI, BstKTI, BstMBI, DpnII, Kzo9I, NdeII, Sau3AIm).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0812
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'..▵G A T C ...3'
3'.. C T A G▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer R: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- MboI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 50mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with MboI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: completely overlaps —blocked
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —blocked
Assayed using lambda DNA (dam) (#SD0021). MboI is blocked by overlappingdam methylation. To avoiddam methylation, use adam,dcm- strain such as GM2163 (#M0099). MboI, Bsp143I and DpnI all recognize the same sequence but have different methylation sensitivities and cleavage sites.