Thermo Scientific™ HphI
The HphI restriction enzyme recognizes GGTGA(8/7)^ sites and cuts best at 37°C in B buffer (Isoschizomers: AsuHPI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1101
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'...G G T G A (N)8▵...3'
3'...C C A C T (N)7▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer B: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- HphI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 50mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: may overlap —blocked
- Dcm: may overlap —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —blocked
Assayed using lambda DNA (dam) (#SD0021). HphI is blocked by overlappingdam methylation. To avoiddam methylation, use adam-, dcm strain such as GM2163 (#M0099). High glycerol (>5%) concentrations, pH>8.0 or a large excess of enzyme may result in star activity.