Thermo Scientific™ GsuI (BpmI)
The GsuI (BpmI) restriction enzyme recognizes CTGGAG(16/14)^ sites and cuts best at 30°C in B buffer (Isoschizomers: BpmI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0462
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'...C T G G A G (N)16▵...3'
3'...G A C C T C (N)14▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer B: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 30°C
- GsuI is supplied in:10mM potassium phosphate (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: may overlap —blocked
- CpG: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
- Incubation at 37°C results in 70% activity
- GsuI requires only Mg2 + for its activity, but is stimulated by S-adenosylmethionine
- 0.01mM S-adenosylmethionine gives a 2-fold increase in activity
- GsuI may remain associated with the cleaved DNA
- This may cause DNA band shifting during electrophoresis
- To avoid atypical DNA band patterns, use the 6X DNA Loading Dye and SDS Solution for sample preparation or heat the digested DNA in the presence of SDS prior to electrophoresis
- GsuI is blocked by overlappingdcm methylation
- To avoiddcm methylation, use adam,dcm- strain such as GM2163 (#M0099)