Thermo Scientific™ DTT
Stabilize enzymes and other proteins which possess free sulfhydryl groups with DTT, shown to restore activity lost by oxidation of these groups in vitro.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ R0862
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.94590kg
DescriptionDTT quantitatively reduces disulfide bonds and maintains monothiols in a reduced state (1). At a final 0.1M concentration DTT is also widely used for disruption of protein disulfide bonds in SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
- Free of endo-, exodeoxyribonucleases, ribonucleases and phosphatases
Enzyme stabilization; Enzymatic reactions; Protein electrophoresis.
DTT is not stable in solution. Only freshly-made DTT solutions should be used. To prepare a 1M DTT solution, dissolve 1.55g of DTT powder in 10mL of deionized water (e.g., Water, nuclease-free).
|Enzyme stabilization; Enzymatic reactions; Protein electrophoresis.|
Safety and Handling
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P337+P313-If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ if you feel unwell.
- P330-Rinse mouth.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : 2, 3-Butanediol, 1,4-dimercapto-, (R*,R*)-