Thermo Scientific™ BpiI (BbsI)
Cut GAAGAC(2/6)^ sites with BpiI (BbsI) restriction enzyme, which performs best at 37°C in G buffer (Isoschizomers: BbsI, BpuAI, BstV2I).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1012
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'...G A A G A C (N)2▵...3'
3'...C T T C T G (N)6▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer G
- 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- BpiI is supplied in:
- 10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with BpiI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: may overlap — no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap — effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5 units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
BpiI cleaves downstream of its recognition site and can generate any desired 4 base 5ft.-overhangs. This feature is useful for direct PCR product cloning.
|10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA|