DWK Life Sciences DURAN™ Laboratory Bottle, Protect coated, Amber, with DIN 168-1 Thread, Plastic safety coated, USP / EP (3.2.1) Light Transmission
Multifunctional glass laboratory bottles with UV protection and a protective safety coating.
Brand: DWK Life Sciences 218067333
Code : NEW
Additional Details : Weight : 1.40000kg
DURAN™ Original GL laboratory bottles have become the gold standard of multifunctional laboratory bottles since their introduction in 1972. The protect safety-coated version of the bottles combining the best of both worlds: virtually inert USP/EP Type I borosilicate glass 3.3 glass on the inside and a protective safety plastic layer on the outside. The bottles are moulded from high-purity, ambered, glass that is then coated with a PU plastic coating to reduce the hazards of broken glass and liquid splashes in the event of breakage. The amber ensures that light sensitive contents are protected from the effects of photodegradation. The protection against ultra-violet light meets international USP/EP standards. A combination of high-performance materials and robust ISO 4796-1 design provides a long working life. The bottles feature an easy-to-read graduated volume scale, and marking field in permanent white enamel. Permanent Retrace Code on each bottle for manufacturing lot traceability. The protect safety coating meets the requirements of ASTM E1522, and is fully autoclavable at 121 or 134°C.
- Standardised GL-thread and matching cap system for particularly tight sealing and simple, clean pouring out
- The coating provides scratch, leak* and splinter* protection (* only applies to bottles 5000 ml and less)
- UV protection up to approx. 500 nm due to external colouration
- The only external application of the colour ensures that internal surfaces have standard DURAN™ glass properties
- Complete with blue screw cap (PP, integral lip seal) and pouring ring (PP) for drip-free pouring and clean, safe working
- Easy-to-read scale with graduation marks to estimate the content
- Sizes 10 and 25 ml with specially shaped glass edge for improved pouring out whereby an additional plastic pouring ring is not required
|Without screw cap and pouring ring|
|Preparation of Light-Sensitive Materials; Storage of Light-Sensitive Materials; Transport and Shipping of Light-Sensitive Materials; Autoclaving of Media and Reagents|
|Borosilicate Glass (3.3), Polyurethane|