Invitrogen™ eBioscience™ DRAQ5™ Dye
Anthraquinone dye with high affinity for double-stranded DNA. It is a membrane-permeable dye that can label live or fixed/dead cells.
Brand: Invitrogen™ 65-0880-92
Code : NEW
Additional Details : Weight : 0.09500kg
- In flow cytometry, this dye can be used to distinguish nucleated and non-nucleated cells.
- DRAQ5™ can also be used to report nuclear DNA content for ploidy and cell cycle analysis because it binds DNA stoichiometrically. In fluorescent microscopy, it can be used as a nuclear counterstain
- Excited by wavelengths from 488 to 647nm
- For microscopy/imaging, 633 or 647nm sources for excitation are recommended
- For flow cytometry, with excitation at 488nm, this dye can be detected with filter sets designed for PerCP-eFluor™ 710 or PerCP-Cy5.5 (685LP dichroic mirror and 710/50 band pass); with excitation at 633nm, it can be detected with filter sets designed for APC (660/20 band pass)
- For cell cycle/DNA analysis applications, a higher wavelength filter is recommended, such as a 710LP or a filter set designed for PE-Cy7 (735LP dichroic mirror and 780/60 band pass), to optimize the CV for the G1 and G2/M peaks
- Because of its broad excitation and emission properties, DRAQ5™ is not recommended in combination with other far-red fluorochromes excited by the 488 or 633nm laser lines, including PE-Cy7, PerCP-eFluor™ 710, PerCP-Cy5.5, APC, Alexa Fluor™ 647, Alexa Fluor™ 700, APC-eFluor™ 780 and equivalents (APC-Alexa Fluor™ 750 and APC-Cy7)
|5 mM in aqueous buffer, no sodium azide|
|Cell Labeling, Immunocytochemistry, Flow Cytometric Analysis, Microscopy|
|2° to 8°C. Light sensitive material. This product is guaranteed for 6 months upon receipt when stored properly.|
For Research Use Only