CHEMetrics™ COD Reagent Vials
Contain premeasured reagents for accurate, economical determination of COD
Brand: CHEMetrics™ K7360S
Code : A0
Additional Details : CAS Number : 7764-93-9 Weight : 0.59000kg Transport : UN number : 1830 Chem class : 1a Pack group : II
- No need to modify or recalibrate existing equipment or procedures
- Optical-quality glass for accuracy
- Available in mercury and mercury-free versions
- Screw caps lined with PTFE for inertness
- Standard 5/8 in. (16mm) diameter for compatibility with standard COD reactors and spectrophotometers; can also be used in micro-COD reactors
- Follow the EPA-approved method for compliance reporting and use potassium dichromate as the oxidizing agent, silver sulfate as the catalyst, and mercury chloride to remove chloride interference
- Mercury-free version uses the same oxidizing agent and catalyst without the chloride compensator
|0 to 1500ppm|
|>64% Sulfuric Acid, <34% Deionized Water, <1% Mercuric Sulfate, <1% Silver Sulfate, <0.5% Potassium Dichromate|
|Premeasured reagents for accurate, economical determination of COD, determination of the oxidizable organic matter content of wastewater|
Safety and Handling
- COD Reagent Vials 0-1500 ppm (HR) USEPA-accepted
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- ACUTE AQUATIC Acute 1
- Carcinogenicity Category 1B
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Substances and mixtures corrosive to metals Category 1
- Germ cell mutagenicity Category 1B
- Oxidising liquid Category 3
- Reproductive toxicity Category 1B
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1A
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Specific target organ toxicity after repeated exposure Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H272-May intensify fire; oxidiser.
- H290-May be corrosive to metals.
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H311-Toxic in contact with skin.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H340-May cause genetic defects.
- H350-May cause cancer.
- H360FD-May damage fertility. May damage the unborn child.
- H373-May cause damage to organs.
- H400-Very toxic to aquatic life.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- EUH208-Contains A§. May produce an allergic reaction.
- P201-Obtain special instructions before use.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P221-Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles /organic materialA§.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P271-Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P308+P313-IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
- P403+P233-Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P502-Refer to manufacturer/supplier for information on recovery/recycling.