Thermo Scientific™ 9000 Series Glass Particle Standards
Replace polystyrene spheres in many applications with dry glass NIST™-traceable size standards.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 9010
Code : LE
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00100kg
DescriptionThe Glass Size Standards are highly uniform borosilicate or soda lime glass spheres calibrated with NIST-traceable methodology. Standards are ideal for the calibration of microscopes, light scattering instruments and other particle-measuring equipment. They are also used in laser light scattering studies and colloidal systems research.
- Mean diameters have been calibrated with Thermo Fisher Scientific™'s NIST™-traceable microscopy methods
- Size distribution and uniformity are measured by optical microscopy
- Spheres are used instead of irregularly shaped particles to minimize the response of analytical systems to shape effects
- Products are packaged as dry spheres
- Packages are lot-numbered for convenient technical service and support after the sale
- 9000 Series products from 2μm to 20μm are made from borosilicate glass, have a particle density of 2.5 to 2.55g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.56 at 589nm (25°C)
- Products from 30μm to 2000μm are made from soda lime glass, have a particle density of 2.4 to 2.5g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.51 at 589nm (25°C)
Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST™, including description of the calibration method and its uncertainty, table of chemical and physical properties, and Material Safety Data Sheet with handling and disposal instructions.
Spacer applications where uniform bond thickness is a necessity.
Thermo Fisher Scientific™ has its own engineering, production and metrology facilities for better quality control and response to customer needs. In addition to this line of polymer size standards, we also offer calibration standards in silica and glass materials. Ask our technical service department for information about specific applications or other product needs not listed here.
|10.0 ± 1.0µm|
|σ = 1.1µm, 11% CV|
|Store at room temperature. Keep bottle tightly sealed to avoid contamination.|
|Narrow Size Standard Deviation Applications|
|10.0μm ± 1.0μm|
|Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)|
|2.5 to 2.55g/cm3|
|1.56 at 589nm (25°C)|
|Product stable for a minimum of 24 months|
|Size Standard Particles|