Fisherbrand Chromatography Vials and Closures
Fisher Scientific offers a comprehensive range of chromatography consumables including glass autosampler vials, polypropylene PP or polymethylpentene TPX chromatography vials, microvials, micro-inserts, top closures, a broad variety of different septa materials for almost all applications, vials racks, microplates as well as crimping/decapping tools.
Our Fisherbrand range of autosampler vials are used with GC and LC autosamplers or other automated instruments, not only are their physical specifications and dimensions crucial for trouble-free operation, but they also have to fulfill strict requirements regarding inertness and cleanliness such that contamination is minimised and analytical results are not compromised.To select the appropriate chromatography vials for your chemicals and for your autosampler equipment, simply use:
- ND8 Vials
- ND9 Vials
- ND10 to 13 Vials
- ND22 to 24 Headspace/Shell vials
- Special Purpose Vials, Plates and Tools
Crimp Neck Vials 8mm range
These vials are preferentially used on instruments from following manufacturers Agilent, Beckman, Carlo Erba, CTC, Fisons, PerkinElmer, Shimadzy, Thermo Scientific, VWR (Merck™/Hitachi). Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information. A broad selection of ND8* crimp neck vials and microvials are available, which can closed with 8 mmm aluminium caps, 9mm PE caps or 8mm push-on caps. Note that some microvials may need an adapter for full autosampler compatibility as typically they have a conical base and are therefore not free-standing.
*ND nominal diameter
Screw Neck Vials 8mm range
These vials are preferentially used on instruments from the following manufacturers: Beckman, CTC, Gilson, Knauer, Shimadzu, Spark, Varian, VWR (Merck™)/Hitachi. Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information).
- Screw neck vials dia. 8mm (8-423 thread - small opening) and microvials
- Micro-inserts for vials ND8 with small opening
- Polypropylene PP screw caps ND8 with centre hole or closed top (available with natural rubber/TEF, red rubber/PTFE, butyl/PTFE or silicone/PTFE seals ND8)
- Septa for vials 8mm
- Screw neck vials with pre-screwed seals
- Special 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 kits for VWR (Merck™)/Hitachi autosampler
- Special 2-in-1 kits for Varian autosampler
Short Thread Vials 9mm range
This is the universal autosampler vial, it can be used on all popular autosamplers thanks to their technical geometry, especially models manufactured by Agilent, HTA, Shimadzu, Thermo Scientific, Varian, and Waters. Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information).
- Short thread vials ND9 (nominal diameter 9mm) wide opening with microvials
- Micro-inserts for short thread vials ND9
- Plastic vials and microvials diameter ND9
- Polypropylene short thread seals ND9 with open or closed caps; in several colors; in magnetic version (for CTC GC PAL and Thermo Scientific TriPlus autosamplers) or certified for LC/GC-MS
- UltraBond seals ND9 With UltraBond seal, the cap and liner form an inseparable unit such that the liner cannot be dislocated or pushed into the vial, even with a blunt needle
Screw Neck Vials 10 and 13mm range
These screw neck 10mm diameter chromatography vials are preferentially used on autosampler models from the following manufacturers: Jasco, PerkinElmer, Shidmazu, Varian and Waters. Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information.
- Screw neck vials 10mm diameter (ND10) with micro-inserts
- Polypropylene caps with seals or without seals ND10
The 13mm vials are preferentially used on autosampler models from following manufacturers: Dionex, Shimadzu, Spark, Varian, VWR (Merck™)/Hitachi, Waters (Wisp 48 Position carousel), etc... Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information.
- Screw neck vials 13mm diameter (ND13) with micro-inserts
- Polypropylene screw caps with or without seals ND13 (broad variety of different septa materials for almost all application)
- Septa for vials 13mm (ND13)
- Special 3-in-1 kits for VWR (Merck™)/Hitachi and Waters™ autosamplers
- Other 2-in-1 kits with screw neck vials 13mm (ND13)
Crimp Neck Vials 11mm range
These vials are preferentially used on autosampler models from the following manufacturers: Agilent, Carlo Erba, CTC, DANI, Fisons, Gerstel, Jasco, PerkinElmer, Shimadzu, Spark, Thermo Scientific and Varian. Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information.
- Crimp neck vials ND11 (wide opening) and microvials with crimp neck ND11
- Micro-inserts for crimp neck vials 11mm
- Aluminium crimp caps with seals 11mm
- Magnetic crimp caps for CTC PAL and Thermo Scientific TriPlus Autosamplers
- Polyethylene PE caps and septa
- Septa 11mm for crimp neck vials 11mm
- Crimp neck vials 11mm with pre-crimped aluminium seals
- 2-in-1 kits with crimp neck vials ND11
Snap Ring Vials 11mm range
These vials are preferentially used with autosampler models from the following manufacturers: Agilent, CTC, DANI, Dionex, Jasco, Shimadzu, Spark, Thermo Scientific, Varian, VWR (Merck™)/Hitachi and Waters. Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information. Recommended for HPLC applications only, universally usable for almost all autosamplers, even for these with robotic handling.
These vials are preferentially used on autosampler models from following manufacturers: Alcott, Gilson, Shimadzu and Waters (Wisp 96 48-postion carousel). Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information.
As headspace vials have to withstand high internal pressures, almost all vials featured below have a wall thickness of 1,2mm to prevent bursting. Contrary to widespread opinion the seal and not the vial represents the weakest part of the whole vial assembly. Under pressure, the septa will press and bulge against the aluminium cap with such force that the cap is torn apart.
Refer to the Headspace vial compatibility chart to help you quickly identify those consumables (vials and seals) suited to your own instruments.
- Headspace crimp or screw ND18 and ND20 Vials
- Aluminium crimp caps and liners 20 mm diameter (ND20) (available with butyl, butyl/PTFE, Pharma-fix, silicone/PTFE, silicone/aluminium, UHT silicone/PTFE seals)
- Septa and stoppers 19,5 and 20mm for vials ND20
- Seals for washer bottles 20mm for vials ND20
- Magnetic screw caps for 18mm and appropriate septa 17,5mm for ND18
- Polypropylene screw cap ND18 with appropriate septa 16mm
Snap Cap Vials ND18 and ND22
Easy to handle and inexpensive storage vials with push-on snap caps. For storage of powders and solids. No liners required in the cap.
Screw Neck Vials EPA and vials for storage purposes
The EPA vials are preferentially used on autosampler models from the following manufacturers: Agilent, Dionew, Shimadzu, Tekmar, Thermo Scientific and Varian. Refer to the Autosampler Compatibility Chart for further information.
- Screw neck vials ND24 (EPA Vials)
- PP polypropylene screw seals assembled and UltraBond* ND24
- Septa 22mm for vials ND24
- Pre-assembled vials EPA with screw seals
- Polypropylene screw caps seals for EPA & Storage vials ND15, ND18, ND20, ND24 or ND40
- Screw neck vials for storage purposes
*UltraBond seals ND24 have a bonded cap and silicone/PTFE liner forming a inseparable unit which avoids the problem of liners detaching from the cap. UltraBond is achieved by a patented process that requires no adhesives but instead relies on molecular fusion of both components to achieve unity.
Crimping and decapping tools
- Manual crimpers and decappers for aluminium caps, flip tear up or top/flip off seals
- Cleanroom crimpers and cleanroom decappers
- Pneumatic crimpers and pneumatic decappers Airgo or hand-held versions with various heads
- Electronic crimpers and electronic decappers
- Programmable electronic high power crimp stations
This chart may be helpful to identify the suitable vials and closures for your specific instrument
Delivering convenience, quality and choice to help chromatographers achieve more reliable and efficient sample analysis
Depend on Fisherbrand, Fisher Chemical and Fisher Bioreagents to provide products for every step of your Chromatography workflow